Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ruthless Trust


One of my favorite books is Ruthless Trust by Brennan Manning. It's such a beautiful depiction of the unfailing love of God. This exert is a prayer I pray often...thought you'd enjoy it too.

I surrender my will and my life to You today, without reservation and with humble confidence, for You are my loving Father. Set me free from self-consciousness, from anxiety about tomorrow, and from the tyranny of the the approval and disapproval of others, that I may find joy and delight simply and solely in pleasing You. May my inner freedom be a compelling sign of Your presence, Your peace, and Your love. Let your plan for my life and the lives of all Your children gracefully unfold one day at a time. I love you with all my heart, and I place all my confidence in You, for You are my Abba. 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful prayer... so filled with trust. And that is the difficult part - giving over all control to God, and yet ironically, He has that control from the start, we just have to realize it ourselves!Hope all is well with you - I'm glad you are updating your blog on fb.

    ReplyDelete