Monday, October 11, 2010

In The Cool of The Day


So this hasn't been my week for electronics. My external hard drive took a nose dive down the stairs a few days ago, and today I managed to accidentally spill a full cup of tea on my laptop. Luckily, with the help of friends we were able to get it back in working order. However, I was without a computer for most of the day and was unable to do my normal daily work. A blessing in disguise. In spite of my task-oriented nature, it forced me to stop and be still.

And as soon as I got still, I found myself missing God. 

That's not to say that God's not always with me, because He is. But I felt a true longing just to sit in His presence and be. To stop doing and just be with Him. 

So I did. 

I went home and walked, sat, and lay in our garden for almost three hours. It was exactly what I needed. To just be with my Father and lay whispering among the roses. It gave me comfort to realize that despite the fall of man and the loss of Eden, we can still walk with God in a garden in "the cool of the day" (Genesis 3:8). 

No comments:

Post a Comment